RFC: Pending changes in dh-make-perl

Hi,

dh-make-perl has the following changes pending an uppload:
(a bit re-wrapped to fit 70 chars

  TODO: please review the new functionality (dh_installexamples)

  [ gregor herrmann ]
  * Set debhelper compatibility level of the created package to 6.
  * Add comment and additional spaces to the created watch files to
    make the pattern easier to read and understand.
  * Fix small error in output of create_copyright().
  * Automatically find examples/eg/samples/sample directories for
    dh_installexamples; otherwise remove empty dh_installexamples line
    from debian/rules.
  * Format the contributors' section in the POD with over/item/back,
    in the verbatim paragraph the formatting codes were not rendered;
    thanks to Nacho Barrientos Arias for spotting.
  * Don't add a trailing comma to Depends: if there are no extra
    dependencies.

  [ Damyan Ivanov ]
  * rules.* templates: add "install" to phony targets list
  * dh-make-perl: when storing versioned dependencies, remove any
    leading 'v'

  [ Martín Ferrari ]
  * rules.* templates: Make source and diff .PHONY targets too, prettify
    a little: remove unneeded whitespace, make PERL a conditional
    assignment instead of an "#if" block, align the assignment of the
    variables.

Please raise your voice if anything of the above looks suspicious.

I personally am perfectly fine with all the changes, except I am not
sure what are "source" and "diff" targets needed for. Does anyone
remember what they are/were used for? If ther are not used, we better
remove them from the templates.