Re: Building using the new source package layout [ was Re: Debian / Gnome OO.o ]

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:15:42AM +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> >   http://people.debian.org/~halls/openoffice/1.1rc3/openoffice.org_1.0.99+1.1rc3.orig.tar.gz
> >     (this tarball is zipped using gzip --rsyncable, so you can use rsync to
> >     reduce the download time for future tarballs :)
> That's a really good idea, the rsync part. OOo is really huge.
> Could you detail how to do it exactly?

Well, this won't be useful until the next release.  Say we relase rc4.
You'll need to find an rsync server which carries our packages.
people.debian.org doesn't provide anonymous rsync I'm afraid.  You can
probably find an available mirror once we have uploaded this to the debian
archive, although that might be too late if you want to work from CVS..

Then, copy the old version to the new name and rsync the new file

cp openoffice.org_1.0.99+1.1rc3.orig.tar.gz openoffice.org_1.0.99+1.1rc4.orig.tar.gz
rsync <server>::<directory>/openoffice.org_1.0.99+1.1rc4.orig.tar.gz

> >   debian/rules get-ooo-build
> I already have a problem (I solved it on my side without trouble, but I
> think I should let you know too): the cvs version on Woody doesn't
> recognize the "-z #" option.

Oops, that should have been 'cvs -z3 co ...' not 'cvs co -z3 ...', fixed
thanks.

> > After that, you can build as usual.  Well, it'll break probably somewhere,
> > but this is the bleeding edge :)  I've got up to vcl so far.
> I updated this: http://glasnost.beeznest.org/articles/52

Thanks, I used it to update the instructions for openoffice.debian.net.  Jan
needs to pull them from CVS to the website.