Re: Ximian patches integration in RC3

Le dim 10/08/2003 à 14:31, Benoit Mortier a écrit :
> Le Dimanche 10 Août 2003 11:59, Jérôme Warnier a écrit :
>
> [..]
> > For those who may be interested in packages for Woody, use this
> > sources.list line:
> > deb http://apt.bxlug.be ooo/
>
> i will test them .. will it install above 1.1beta2 and not interfere with
> 1.0.3
No, it will replace *any* previously installed OOo package.
By the way, it should be easier now to try to build it for PPC.

> [..]
> > I also would like to discuss with you about what is "including
> > unnecessary dependencies into the packages". Most Ximian patches are
> > about GNOME integration, but not all of them, and as they took care also
> > to respect freedesktop.org guidelines, they are often useful for KDE
> > too. I may be wrong though, so I would like to talk to someone
> > knowledgeable about the KDE part.
>
> you can ask me about kde..
Well, I ask you: could you help me revise any patch I'm planning to
apply to see if it could interfere with KDE?

> > Particularly, the "recent-files.diff" is problematic for me. I find it
> > useful, but I'm not sure it will play well with KDE.
>
> will look a this file
Thanks.

> > Some of those patches are nothing related with GTK or GNOME, or nothing.
> > Those are particularly easy to integrate, and I think they should be
> > integrated into "our" packages.
>
> > Well, there's still much to discuss about integrating some patches or
> > not, and I cannot decide alone.
>
> i will be happt to better integrate openoffice into kde desktop.
There is no plan to do it. For Ximian, it makes sense. For OOo itself,
which is quite much relying on Sun, the plans are to integrate to GNOME
too, as Sun (and other big UNIX companies out there) are planning to use
GNOME as their standard desktop, not KDE.
What do you think could be done to go in that direction anyway?

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>