Re: Ximian patches integration in RC3

Hi,

> > i will be happt to better integrate openoffice into kde desktop.
>
> There is no plan to do it. For Ximian, it makes sense. For OOo itself,
> which is quite much relying on Sun, the plans are to integrate to GNOME
> too, as Sun (and other big UNIX companies out there) are planning to use
> GNOME as their standard desktop, not KDE.
> What do you think could be done to go in that direction anyway?

Upstream tries to support both (choice of desktop should not deter choice of
Star/OpenOffice).  If you have better KDE integration patches, please send
them my way or better yet open an official OOo Issuezilla related to KDE
integration and add me as CC and I will do my best to see the KDE integration
patches make it into OOo 1.1.X and higher in the upstream tree.

Kevin