Re: Adding binary files to build

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 03:32:51PM +0200, Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes wrote:
> Do the build environment offer a clean way to add those binary files after
> the main tarball is extracted, or do I have to hack the build scripts to make
> it work?

Yes there is a way - I added support when we were working on 1.0.1 using a
diff from 1.0.0.  Create the diff using the -a option, then uuencode it and
add the extension .uu.  The build environment will then pipe the patch
through uudecode before applying.

diff -aNurd <origdir> <patcheddir> | uuencode oo.diff > debian/patches/999mypatch.uu