Re: Dictionaries: TODO

What the issue with the OOO <-> Mozilla is, I would think about doing packages installing the dictionaries into /usr/share/myspell (as Chris proposed alreday).

I would preferably use /usr/share/myspell/dict, just in case some day a "myspell" package appears and needs /usr/share/myspell.

The problem I see is the linking to the places OOo wants it to have. We can link from /usr/lib/openoffice/..... to the apprpriate files in /usr/share/myspell. When we do this in the OOo package we'll have much dead links around. We could not do it in the myspell package because the myspell package should then work if mozilla but not OOo is installed. Mozillas related packages have to have to handle this in an equal way.

Why make so many links? We could "just" patch OOo to find those files where we tell him so.

It may be that I am thinking worse now and there is an easy solution that I did not see now, because at the moment I have much to do and though just a little moment about the issue...

I will try to do my best and keep you informed.

Regards,

Rene