RFC/RFS: advi

advi currently fails to build from source in sid (#534020), which makes
it RC-buggy. This won't affect OCaml 3.11.1 transition, but this should
still be fixed nonetheless.

I've created branches sid/{master,upstream} in the git repository, and
prepared a fix there. There is a new upstream version, but IMHO properly
packaging it needs some work and time, so I preferred to fix the version
currently in Debian.

Here is the current last changelog entry:

advi (1.6.0-14) UNRELEASED; urgency=3Dlow

  [ Ralf Treinen ]
  * Added Homepage field to debian/control file

  [ Sylvain Le Gall ]
  * Update my email address

  [ Stephane Glondu ]
  * debian/control:
    - clean up Uploaders and add myself there
    - add DM-Upload-Allowed
    - replace obsolete build-dep on x-dev (Closes: #515364)
    - remove dependencies on obsolete packages gs, xbase-clients
  * Switch packaging to git
  * Switch patches to quilt, add README.source
  * Add a patch to fix build with recent camlimages (Closes: #534020)
  * Bump debhelper compatibility to 5
  * Fix typo in changelog (s/adress/address/) (thanks Lintian)
  * Switch debian/copyright to new format

 -- Stephane Glondu <steph@glondu.net>  Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:38:00 +0200

There remains work to be done, but it will need some time. I won't be
against any change before upload, of course, but I think it should be
uploaded very soon.

BTW, it seems that noone cares about this package (maintenance-wise).
IMHO, the package is not really in good shape and I don't use it myself,
and if there weren't so many interest in it[1], I would orphan it and
have it removed from testing (at least)... maybe a formal RFA would be
appropriate?

[1] http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=3Dadvi

Another trick: the build is not (yet) clean enough for git-buildpackage,
so it has to be called with --git-cleaner=3D"git reset --hard && git clea=
-dxf" (I know, how hugly...).

Cheers,

--=20
St=C3=A9phane