Re: Why 0 new developer? (Re: NM Report for Week Ending 15 Mar 2009)

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 11:35:14AM -0400, Stephen Birch wrote:
> During my own own multi year attempt I passed all the tests and then
> waited and waited and waited.

> Gave up ... requested a new AM

> The new AM wanted my packages cleaned a little, so I took care of that.

> Then I waited and waited and waited.

> Then the AM suddenly soft rejected me for lack of attention.  But I was
> waiting for him!  I immediately wrote back and pointed this out but he
> didn't reply.  He is probably too busy.

Where is this soft reject?  The mails I find with your name in the
debian-newmaint list archive are
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2005/10/msg00060.html>, which is an
AM report recommending that you be accepted as a DD; then
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2006/12/msg00020.html> in which you
say you're stuck in the queue (but no public information about why your Oct
2005 AM approval wasn't confirmed); then
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2006/12/msg00027.html>, which...
rather strongly implies some mail configuration problems?

And I can't find any entry for you in the (public) NM database under the
email address you've used for communications with this list.

Can you fill in the missing pieces of this story?

> Frankly the whole NM application was a complete waste of time.  While I
> am sure some DDs want new members, the collective doesn't.

I think that's quite a leap, given the public record.