Re: Advocate DM: Jose Parrella

* Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> [071118 11:50]:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 06:15:00PM +0000, Micah Anderson wrote:
> > * Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> [071118 00:17]:

> > I feel as if what I said here still is a valid question that was
> > unanswered in your email.
>
>   Because I felt this was obvious. Adding one person to the DM or DD
> keyring requires the same amount of work, so why shouldn't we add him
> _directly_ in the proper place ?

If the answer was obvious, I wouldn't have asked the question.

I dont think anyone would disagree that if we were given the choice,
adding him _directly_ to the proper keyring (DD) would be the preferable
one. However, we don't have that choice, and there is a clear backlog
for adding people to that keyring. We do have the choice of adding him
to the DM keyring, which is a step *up* from where he is now, until he
is properly added to the DD keyring, which will be another steup up from
DM.

> > I saw no answer to this question either.
>
>   Who do you see fixing NM right now ? I see plenty of people trying to
> make DM work though.

This makes no sense. I dont see how the request to add this person to DM
is causing people to not fix NM, they are totally unrelated. Unless you
are making the argument that everyone who eats food is not fixing NM
also?

> > >   I agree that DM for NMs past P&P make sense, a lot.
> >
> > So why are you blocking this again?
>
>   he's not _just_ past P&P, he's at the:
>   P&P + T&S + FD Approved + DAM Approved stage.
>
>   If you don't get the difference, please note that I do.

"P&P + T&S + FD Approved + DAM Approved stage" =  "past P&P"

What it sounds like you are saying is that when someone passes P&P they
can be added to DM, but when they pass P&P and then pass T&S they can't be
added to DM? Passing P&P means passing P&P, it doesn't mean "passing P&P
but not passing anything more".

Micah