Re: Advocate DM: Jose Parrella

* Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> [071118 00:17]:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 07:28:00AM +0000, Micah Anderson wrote:
> > * Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> [071117 09:28]:
> > >
> > >   What if we fix that problem, and concentrate only on that one, instead
> > > of trying to circumvent it with ersatz ?
> >
> > What if we do both? Or are we unable to do two things at once?

I feel as if what I said here still is a valid question that was
unanswered in your email.

> > >   We're doing exactly what I feared: DM will prevent people from fixing
> > > the real issues with the NM queue.
> >
> > How exactly is this happening?

I saw no answer to this question either.

>   Not any NM, this particular NM (and around 30 other like him) is at
> the stage where they should get their account, only waiting for James.
> Why are people adding them to the DM keyring instead of kicking James
> where he deserves ?

How is adding someone to the DM keyring exclusive? Adding someone to the
DM keyring, doesn't mean that you cannot kick James. One does not
prohibit the other. You seem to just be restating your position, rather
than answering my questions:

What exactly is it about adding someone to the DM keyring prevents people from
fixing 'the real issues with the NM queue'?

Why can't both be done?

>   I agree that DM for NMs past P&P make sense, a lot.

So why are you blocking this again?

Micah