QA - multimedia orphanage

Hi all,

OK, well this is the most immediate list of candidates to be considered for adoption by debian-multimedia:

xfonts-artwiz
A Lee <alee@debian.org>
Bug: #344396
O: xfonts-artwiz -- Artwiz X11 fonts

freqtweak
Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>
Bug: #352540
O: freqtweak -- Realtime audio frequency spectral manipulation

mctools-lite
Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>
Bug: #352538
O: mctools-lite -- A CD player and audio mixer for X

rosegarden
Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>
Bug: #352543
O: rosegarden -- An integrated MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor

rosegarden2
Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>
Bug: #352537
O: rosegarden2 -- An integrated MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor

sfront
Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>
Bug: #352542
O: sfront -- MPEG 4 Structured Audio decoder

tapiir
Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>
Bug: #352539
O: tapiir -- A tool for real time audio delay and feedback effects

This won't be any great news to those of you who regularly read the WNPP lists. I'm doing this on a RERO basis, now I've figured how to do this, I can probably generate some more sophisticated output fairly easily.

I don't think we need to worry about the two elder Rosegardens, but I think freqtweak and tapiir would be nice to keep. I'm not familiar with any of these apps particularly, but I can at least draw the situation to people's attention.

I'm also concerned about id3 tag editors since we lost cantus last year, Quod Libet was suggested as a replacement by the QA team, but it doesn't really cut the mustard. Daniel Burrows' Music Librarian looks interesting, does anyone know if any development is currently happening on it? I've tried emailing the author to no avail.

Please direct me as to the sort of information that you'd find useful here and where would be a useful place to post a persistent copy or whatever. For now I'll update:
http://demudi.agnula.org/wiki/DevelopPackaging
by hand and keep you posted here unless otherwise advised. :)

cheers,

tim hall
/|\