Re: New ftpsync version 20170920

On 25/09/2017 15:51, Bastian Blank wrote:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 03:43:21PM +0200, Daniele Albrizio wrote:
This section tells you to put ftpsync into ~/bin.  In this case it will
This is my case
properly find it's config in ~/etc.  I'm not sure what you've done.
Ehm, no. It didn't find the configuration and was returning "Nono, you can't
tell us about random archives. Bad boy!"

| $ wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/project/ftpsync/ftpsync-20170920.tar.gz
| [...]
| $ tar -xaf ftpsync-20170920.tar.gz
| $ cp distrib/bin/ftpsync ~/bin
| $ ~/bin/ftpsync sync:archive:test
| Nono, you can't tell us about random archives. Bad boy!
| $ echo > ~/etc/ftpsync-test.conf
| $ ~/bin/ftpsync sync:archive:test
| Sep 25 15:50:23 rockhammer ftpsync-test[23202]: Missing a host to mirror from, please set RSYNC_HOST variable in /home/bastian/etc/ftpsync-test.conf.conf

Bastian

Sorry for having bothered uselessly, you are definitely right,

I was mistaken because I had a different version in
/usr/bin/ftpsync
addressed by a symbolic link and other rubbish that did not work.

Removed and used the new one. All ok.

Thanks for the support, anyway.

--
   Daniele ALBRIZIO - albrizio@univ.trieste.it