Re: removing ftp:// from mirrors lists

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Axel Beckert wrote:
But before we do that we should think over our mirror CNAME scheme.

On 19.04.16 15:32, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
No.

naming servers "ftp." while not providing ftp protocol is misleading.
for example, most browsers treat "ftp." hostnames as FTP servers, which
could couse troubles to users browsing directories.
don't name servers "ftp" if they are not FTP servers...