Re: When will we get official mirror ftp.md.d.o ?

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Simon Paillard
<simon.paillard@resel.enst-bretagne.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 09:46:12PM +0200, Vitalie Lazu wrote:
>> We setup and run debian mirror in Moldova for a long time.
>>
>> Ref: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=514773#82 (It
>> passed more than a few weeks from April.)
>> http://debian.md/debian/project/trace/
>
> Which says no successfull update since 5 days.
> (anything special in the error logs sent by ftpsync ?)
This week I fixed the mirror and upgraded ftpsync. We also moved to a
new Internet provider that gives us larger external bandwidth, so
updating our mirror will be faster. Local bandwidth did not change:
100Mbs. Also our upstream ftp.ua.d.o had some disk failures and we had
to change it to their backup server. We forgot about some settings
with these 2 events that caused debian.md mirror to be stale. Indeed,
some email notifications for stale mirrors will help a lot. If we can
setup this on a central place, it will help a lot of debian mirror
admins.

>> When will we get official mirror ftp.md.d.o ?
>
> Actually, since you are the only mirror in Moldova, you will be the only
> and then first mirror listed to users from Moldova.
> So there is no *need* to push you on the top of the list of Moldovian mirrors.
yes, one my friend tried Debian/kFreebsd and he told me that packages
were downloaded from our local mirror.

> About the push setup, ftpsync/runmirrors has been improved recently by
> Joerg Jaspert to add an mhop option (on top of already present 2 stages
> triggers).
>
> So please make sure you don't background ftpsync hooked by
> the ssh trigger.
Removed.

Thank you Simon.

--