Re: special provisions when etch makes it to archives?

Josip Rodin (joy@entuzijast.net) wrote on 4 February 2010 09:20:
 >On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 03:06:42PM -0200, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
 >> removal should only happen after some days, to let mirrors catch up
 >
 >And it might still be a good idea to split that large deletion into chunks,
 >because if several tens of thousands of files go away at the same time, that
 >could trip up some --max-delete settings.

Curiosity, did you already calculate the number of deletions for etch?
A long time ago I did it just to know how much disk would be saved by
removing a release. I was surprised to see how little it saves because
of the structure of the archive. It may have changed now though.

Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org) wrote on 31 January 2010 01:27:
 >On 12011 March 1977, Ricardo Yanez wrote:
 >> for FILES in $INDICES ; do
 >>  zcat $FILES | xargs cp --archive --target-directory=$TO_DIR --verbose
 >> --parents
 >> done
 >> </snip>
 >
 >If its on the same filesystem, -l helps to save a lot.

Then no action is necessary in the mirror, everything will happen
automatically when the master does the hardlinking. If the archive is
in the same filesystem in the master, of course. Is it?