Re: is any US primary mirror connected to Internet2?

> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 10:46:34AM -0300, Ricardo Yanez wrote:
>> ftp.cl.debian.org (hosted by the Physics Department of University of
>> Chile) has not been available for some time due to our inability to
>> rsync
>> within a reasonable time. The university's bandwidth to the US is rather
>> limited and strongly filtered, we have been told. It seems the
>> university
>> is unwilling/unable to increase the mirrors download bandwidth to the
>> US.
>> We continue to fail updating.
>
> Sad.
> I assume that the connectivity to Europe is even worse ...

The US is our best choice.

> You may try ftp.br.debian.org if the connectivy to Brasil is better, I
> don't know..

Brazil is closer distance wise, but we go via the US anyway.

Josip Ronin says ike.egr.msu.edu and debian-mirror.mirror.umn.edu (both
part of the ftp.us.debian.org rotations) are members of I2, so we'll push
for an I2 connection.

I'm told we could get connected in 2 weeks. Please bear with us a couple
of more weeks.

Ricardo Yanez