Re: Debian mirror in Canada

Hi,

I have contacted the kernel.org maintainers and the only answer I got was from a guy that told me like 3 times in one sentence that he wasn't sure if they were doing Push-Mirroring. I sent them another email two days ago and still no answer. Any other suggestion?

On the other hand, we are now synching all arch. from mirrors.kernel.org via the anonftpsync script.

Here are the informations as they are requested on the mirror request form:

Site/Hostname: debian.mirror.iweb.ca
Type: debian, debian-non-US, security
HTTP: yes
FTP: yes
RSYNC: yes (on request)
Mirroring from: mirrors.kernel.org
Maintainer: Jean-Francois Chevrette <mirrors@iweb.ca>
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Comments:
Updated every 4 hours from mirrors.kernel.org (debian, debian-non-US) and ftp.ca.debian.org (security)
Currently 100Mbps (can be upgraded to 1Gbps if necessary
Connected to various backbones: Teleglobe, Cogent, Videotron and Peer1. Will be song connected to TORIX (Toronto Internet Exchange)

Regards,
--
Jean-François Chevrette