Planning to deprecate the Cobalt port

I'm planning to deprecate the Cobalt support in Debian after squeeze
is out for a number of reasons:

 - I'm not interested in this platform anymore and therefore have
   little interest in maintaining it.
 - The machines are pretty old and there are newer machines that are
   well supported.
 - Deprecating the port doesn't mean that Debian won't run anymore.
   Just that you probably won't be able to upgrade to the next
   release (which is a couple of years away anyway).
 - There are some unresolved networking problems with CoLo when
   it is compiled with modern versions of GCC.

If there are any volunteers who'd like to maintain Cobalt support
in Debian, please speak up now.  Otherwise I'll remove installer
support for Cobalt after squeeze is out. (Cobalt support in the kernel
can stay, although I won't test it anymore.)

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/