Re: building at76c503a on a cobalt qube 2 running Sarge fails

Thiemo Seufer wrote:
gcc misses to pick up the proper compiler flags. They need to be exactly
the same as used for the specific kernel (most obvious is the missing
-fno-pic).
I see. Figured it had to be something like that... I grep'ped the kernel sources for 'fno-pic' and found a couple of occurences which were surrounded by some more interesting flags. However, since I know little C, I'd rather go with what's in the docs or any other solution that... works. I am aware that this is probably the wrong mailinglist to ask for documentation or help for that kind of stuff, but since I couldn't find a whole lot of docs about compiling kernel modules for Sarge on MIPS and extending the CFLAGS by
-G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -pipe -finline-limit=100000 -mabi=32
-march=r5000 -mips4 -Wa,-32 -Wa,-march=r5000 -Wa,-mips4 -Wa,--trap -nostdinc -iwith (got those from http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2005/03/msg00028.html) failed too, I have no clue what to do next.
Still the same problem.

Thiemo
If you feel this support-request to be inappropriate for the dev-mailing list, feel free to email me personally.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel