Re: Decstation 5000/200 and 5000/240

Michael Beattie wrote:

> I have a DECStation 5000/200 here, which I am just dying to get linux onto.
>
> Can someone please point me to the kernel sources I need to compile, the
> cross compiler (i386->mipsel) and this mystery declance driver?

Try this one:

<wli#mipslinux> My working tree is webabble,
http://holomorphy.com/~wli/scripts/mips/linux/arch/mips/boot/vmlinux.ecoff

<wli#mipslinux> http://holomorphy.com/~wli/scripts/mips/linux/ is the
working tree.

It didn't work properly on the /200 I had here, though.
wli is @debian.org

> The VAXStation I have cant be played with until mopd is fixed for 2.4
> kernels, so I decided to change direction and play with the decstation.

Great!

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 07:25:51PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > 2nd  Fetch a minimal Debian system for use as rootnfs or dump on
> >      the disk
> >
> >      You can use http://master.debian.org/~joey/mipsel.tar.bz2
>
> Where has this gone Joey?

Removed after one day, to prevent storage of super-old files.  It's
linked back.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds