Re: NFS and boot floppies problems

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 10:28:15AM +0100, Paul Gammans wrote:
> bootp(): root=nfs nsfaddrs=1.2.3.4 nfsroot=/mnt/debroot
Just "bootp(): ip=auto" should be enough, you can put all the rest into
the bootptab of your bootp-server(does anybody work in the boot-floppies
documentation btw?).

> system boots and starts dbootstrap which then reports a message and save
> it nicely to /var/log/messages
> user.err dbootstrap[40]: I had trouble checking the choice of root
> device. I don't know what to use as the root fs.
That's not a problem. It will go away as soon as you've initialized a
linux partition and mounted it.

The bf source is at cvs.debian.org.

> On a secondry issue how are you suppored to create the 'SGI volume' and
> 'SGI volhdr' i ended up booting to irix and using that to initilise the
> drive first.
Select "Partition a hard disk" in dbootstrap - this fires up fdisk. In
the expert menu you'll find "create IRIX partition label"(should we ask
the fdisk maintainer to rename this to SGI partition label)?
 -- Guido