Re: debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/devel/binutils-mipsel-linux.deb,gcc-mipsel-linux.deb, etc.

Jun Sun wrote:
"Bradley D. LaRonde" wrote:

I know about the MontaVista rpms, but I am looking for something for Debian
and also something a little more "vendor neutral".

Yeah - I think mvista's tools tend to generate more efficient code for
montavistans and their customers. :-)

I don't think the MontaVista tools are MontaVista specific in any way. If the source rpms are available, and they are, then I see it as vendor neutral. But I do understand that this doesn't work for Debian systems so it would be nice if someone setup a similar cross environment that works on Debian. I can't imagine having to compile all of those packages natively, when a 1.2G motherboard and CPU is $200.

Pete