Re: dh_install by file suffix

Hi Niels,

On 16.07.23 09:32, Niels Thykier wrote:
The "iraf" source package needs to divide these files into user related files (for the "iraf" and "iraf-noao" packages) and development related files (for "iraf-dev" and "iraf-noao-dev"). The problem is now, that the division is (mainly) by extension:
[...]
Alternatively, you can just make the .install executable in general and have it output what you want. That option also works.

I think this is the best solution; what I will do is and executable

------------- debian/iraf.install ---------------------
#!/bin/sh

cat <<EOF
debian/irafcl /usr/bin
... other installations by file name
EOF

cd debian/tmp
find usr/lib/iraf -name \*.cl -o -name \*.hlp -o ...

Thank you for the hint!

Best

Ole