dh_install by file suffix

Hi,

I am upgrading one of my packages (iraf) to a new version. The new version comes with a "make install", which installs everything under /usr/lib/iraf/ (and some other places).

The "iraf" source package needs to divide these files into user related files (for the "iraf" and "iraf-noao" packages) and development related files (for "iraf-dev" and "iraf-noao-dev"). The problem is now, that the division is (mainly) by extension:

- *.cl, *.hd, *.men, *.par (... and some other extensions) should go to
  the user packages

- *.a, *.h should go to the development packages

(the "iraf" and "iraf-noao" package differ mainly by that "iraf" collects them in the pkg/ subdir, and "iraf-noao" in the noao subdir).

The main question here is: how can I do a dh_install selective by file suffix? Otherwise, I would need to list the (~1000) files in the "install" files, which is not very robust.

Cheers

Ole