Re: Packaging virtual machine images .ova?

Hello,

You can use, for GUI checksum verification, a simple script that checks the md5 sums (or whatever type it is) and creates a simple popup with Zenity staying whether it was succeeded or failed.

Put a README in your tar file (or however you distribute your images without Debian) saying how to do all of this (double click the script and copy the image somewhere), and, to me, that would be enough.

Sincerely,
kroq-gar78

On Mar 2, 2013 10:04 AM, "adrelanos" <adrelanos@riseup.net> wrote:
Andrey Rahmatullin:
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 01:16:43PM +0000, adrelanos wrote:
>>> Hash sum verification is easy these days [...]
>>
>> For whom?
>>
>> Certainly not for the average mortal user.
> If they cannot run one console command, how can they use ISOs?

Using an ISO is more straightforward, why are you doing what. Burning an
ISO to a CD can be done with a graphical user interface.

Hash sum verification needs quite some explanation and that all sums up
and makes it more complicated. To my knowledge, there are no graphical
tools for this installed on any major distro/os.