Re: Packaging virtual machine images .ova?

Arno Töll:
> Hi,
>
> On 02.03.2013 03:17, adrelanos wrote:
>> is it possible to package Virtual Machine images, such as Virtual Box
>> .ova images?
>
> Possible? Surely.

> What would the benefit be, though? What are you trying
> to achieve?

Whonix [1] is a Debian derivative, which I maintain. It's also available
as Virtual Box images. Debian and derivatives are suitable as host
operating system.

Many users having trouble downloading the (rather big) images. (Download
corruption, network breakdown...)

Also verification for security purposes is too difficult and not being
done by many users as download statistics tell.

If it could be installed with a "apt-get install whonix", that would be
much better than manually downloading.

[1] http://whonix.sf.net/