Changelog (Was: docbase trouble)

kuLa <debian@kulisz.net> writes:
> On 18/01/12 15:22, Olе Streicher wrote:
>> kuLa <debian@kulisz.net> writes:

> well maybe I'm wrong but there is no word in man for
> dh_installchangelogs about gz'iping anything and now I'm quoting:
> " If the changelog is a html file (determined by file extension), it
> will be installed as
>        usr/share/doc/package/changelog.html instead, and will be
> converted to plain text with html2text to generate
> usr/share/doc/package/changelog."

It seems that dh_compress is responsible for the compression. However,
if I switch this off with the rule

override_dh_compress:
	dh_compress -Xchangelog.html

lintian complains with the error "changelog-file-not-compressed".

So, do I have now the choice between a broken link in the HTML
documentation and a policy violation? Which one should I choose?

Best

Ole