Re: RFS: python-gnatpython [second try]

Hi!

CCing the debian-python mailing list.
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 03:55:57PM +0100, Xavier Grave wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "python-gnatpython".
>
>  * Package name    : python-gnatpython
>    Version         : 54-1
>    Upstream Author : AdaCore <sales@adacore.com>
>  * URL             : http://forge.open-do.org/projects/gnatpython
>  * License         : GPL-2+ and GPL-3+
>    Section         : python
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> python-gnatpython - python framework to ease development of test suites
> python-gnatpython-doc - python framework to ease development of test
> suites (examples)
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/python-gnatpython
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>   dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-gnatpython/python-gnatpython_54-1.dsc
>
> This new package is a build dependency for the polyorb package.

> It is my first python package and I have followed most advices from
> Jakub Wilk [1], thanks to him again.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Grave Xavier
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2011/09/msg00078.html

Please note that I am not a DD, and not even a very experienced
packager.

It might be worth asking the Debian Python Module Team for
sponsoring, hence the CCing to them. Other than that, I did not really
have a look at the package itself, but I ran a pedantic Lintian check on
it and there are some nitpicks:

 $ lintian --pedantic -EI ../python-gnatpython_54-1_amd64.changes
 P: python-gnatpython source: debian-control-has-unusual-field-spacing
 line 19
 I: python-gnatpython source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
 P: python-gnatpython: no-upstream-changelog
 I: python-gnatpython: spelling-error-in-copyright GNU Public License
 GNU General Public License
 I: python-gnatpython: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
 I: python-gnatpython: capitalization-error-in-description python Python
 I: python-gnatpython: spelling-error-in-manpage
 usr/share/man/man1/mainloop.1.gz adress address
 P: python-gnatpython-doc: no-upstream-changelog
 I: python-gnatpython-doc: spelling-error-in-copyright GNU Public
 License GNU General Public License
 I: python-gnatpython-doc: capitalization-error-in-description python
 Python
 P: python-gnatpython-doc: example-unusual-interpreter
 usr/share/doc/python-gnatpython-doc/examples/echo_testsuit

It would be nice to fix at least the spelling errors. Also, the watch
file is always a nice thing to have where possible. It allows other
developers to easily download the .orig.tar, and of course is used to
warn the maintainer of new versions.

Cheers,

Simon