Re: RFS: xiterm+thai

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Neutron Soutmun <neo.neutron@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>> The package isn't particularly popular according to popcon, if you
>> know people using it on Debian you might want to suggest to them that
>> they install the popularity-contest package and enable the cron job:
>>
>> http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=xiterm%2bthai
>
> It's not popular as it's still used by some group of users only.
> The xiterm+thai provides the TIS-620 encoding which now rarely used by
> Thai users, mostly superseded by UTF-8 but it's good as the later is
> the international standard.

In fact, with my upstream hat on, I've also lost interest in maintaining it.
Unless some people give their hands to adopt it, though, I'm still OK
to fix issues as reported, such as what you've found while packaging it.
But I'm in passive mode.

>> A warning from configure:
>>
>> config.status: WARNING:  'Make.common.in' seems to ignore the
>> --datarootdir setting
>
> I will forward to upstream.

Recorded. I'll get back to it later, probably after finishing the next
lot of thailatex + fonts + swath upstream releases.

Meanwhile, if you've got some patches to include, just send them
to me.

>> Some warnings from cppcheck:
>>
>> [test/graphics/qplot.c:120]: (error) Resource leak: fd
>> [src/Xtensions/graphics/command.c:1028]: (error) Resource leak: ptyfd
>> [src/command.c:1077]: (error) Resource leak: ptyfd
>> [src/Xtensions/menubar+graphics/command.c:1030]: (error) Resource leak: ptyfd
>>
>> There are some duplicate files:
>>
>> src/Xtensions/graphics/graphics.h
>> src/Xtensions/menubar+graphics/graphics.h
>>
>> src/Xtensions/graphics/graphics.c
>> src/Xtensions/menubar+graphics/graphics.c
>
> I will also forward to the upstream.

Also recorded.

>> Please add a comment to the lintian overrides file explaining why
>> setgid-binary has been overridden.
>
> Sure, I will consult with upstream why it should overrides as it's
> already overridden in the debian package since I have adopted.

It's for utmp updating. I also think the sticky bit is quite awkward,
esp. when other terminals like xterm or vte do not need it.
It's inherited from xiterm or rxvt. Let's fix it if you feel it's still worth
doing. ;-)

>> How about including some things from debian/ upstream? Maybe inputrc
>> txiterm txiterm.1 xiterm+thai.desktop?
>
> Actually, the debian/ in the upstream repository is outdated. In the
> past few years, I and the upstream have to sync the debian/ dir when
> the current deb has been changed. But now I have maintained the deb in
> git (Alioth) and consider the syncing debian/ dir with upstream is the
> duplicate work. Therefore, I'll ask the upstream to drop the debian/
> dir soon.

Of course. I bugged you about the outdated debcheckout of
xiterm+thai because I wanted to remove the outdated debian/
stuff from upstream SVN.

Now that debcheckout has already pulled from Alioth git, I'll drop it
soon. (You can even do it yourself. IIRC, you have the commit right.)

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/