Buildings fails due to missing link against gzclose

Hi guys,

we are trying to build the Gummi (LaTeX editor with preview pane) 0.6 beta with Pdebuilder (Sid) on
Ubuntu Oneiric, but the building fails due to a missing link against 'gzclose' (Zlib) - please see
the build log: http://paste.debian.net/143237/

I've found the same problem in here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=554557

I've contacted the developers, and they added the reference to the upstream:
http://dev.midnightcoding.org/redmine/projects/gummi/repository/diff?rev=1032&rev_to=1031
but it still fails to build and we're stuck a little here.

Does anybody has an idea what is missing? If anybody would need to recheck, the upstream tarball is:
http://dev.midnightcoding.org/redmine/attachments/download/195/gummi-0.5.999-svn1032.tar.gz

I've added the build-dep on zlibg1-dev to control.

Thanks for any pointer,
Daniel Stender