Re: What is the proper way to rename scripts?

Hi!

Am 02.11.2011 11:36, schrieb Paul Elliott:

> Because of  Debian Policy Manual section 10.4 (Scripts)
>
> I must rename a script.
>
> What is the proper way to accomplish this when using dh 7?

Use a dh_install_override to install normaly, and rename the file
afterwards.

> It seems to me to be a useless waste of time an energy.
>
> Somebody will have to maintain this change.

Oh, what a waste of time to add three lines to your rules file, which
you'll never have to change again, unless upstream decides to change
something...

Best regards,
  Alexander