setup packaging project on Alioth?

Could someone write a how to on how to setup a packaging project on Alioth?

I would like to record the history of how I package some projects by putting
my work in a repository. Maybe someday someone will choose to join in helping
me with my projects. It would also help if it became neccessary to replace me,
for someone else to take over.

What is the standard way to record a packaging project on Alioth in a
repository? Is this documented somewhere? I am look for some step by step
document like the new maintainer's guide.

I am working on a number of astrology programs that I hope to package into a
form that can be added to Debian. I am tired of doing a cp -ax to provide
myself a way to revert a possible mistake.....

I usually use svn.

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J