Re: dsf vs dfsg

Am 28.10.2011 17:44, schrieb Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh:
> Dear all,
>
> I Vesrion section of packages, may be we can see "dfsg" that it's
> abbreviation of "Debian Free Software Guidline",So i see "dsf" word in
> Version section of some packages such as sysvinit_2.88dsf-13.1_i386.deb.
> What is meaning of  dsf?

That stands for Debian Suse Fedora.

With sysvinit upstream having become pretty much dead, Debian, SuSE and
Fedora took the patches they had applied in their distro packages,
applied it on top of the last official upstream release and gave this
new release the version number 2.88dsf, to make clear it's not a release
by its original upstream author.

HTH,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?