Re: RFS: python-pywcs

Le lundi 24 octobre 2011 à 16:23 +0200, Ole Streicher a écrit :
> Hi Sylvestre,
>
> Am 23.10.2011 21:20, schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> > I am willing to sponsor your package. However, I would like to know
> > first if you could update to move it into Debian Science.
>
> I could; however I tried to register a project for it (as well as
> projects for my other packages: wcslib, cpl, esorex, python-cpl), and I
> got the reply that I am not allowed since I am not a Debian developer
> and these packages are not in Debian yet.
You don't need to be a DD to access to alioth and the VCS.

> > http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html
> > and use one of the debian science VCS (svn or git)
> > http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-science/
>
> This is a bit confusing: the second URL you mention doesn't forward to a
> repository (selection) but to the project homepage -- and the project
> homepage links to the Debian Science homepage which is not really
> helpful for beginners (at least, I am lost on this page).
You have to join this project to get access to the VCS.

> where it is unclear for me what should I start to down- or upload. I
> first tried
>
> git clone git+ssh://olebole-guest@git.debian.org/git/debian-science
It is not a git repository. For example,
git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/ann.git
is a valid git repository.

If you want to create a new repo, you will have to connect yourself to
git.debian.org and use the script in the debian science directory.

> Another question: The science policy requires that I shall put
> "debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org" as the Maintainer
> and my own name as Uploader. But AFAIK the uploader will be replaced by
> the Sponsor, so my own contribution authorship is not anymore visible in
> the final Debian package?
If I don't make any changes to your package, I usually leave the name in
the changelog author. Otherwise, it is shown  in the content itself with
[ ] around.
Anyway, the name of the uploader is still shown. See:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/scilab
or
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/scilab.html

Sylvestre