Re: RFS: python-pywcs

Hi Sylvestre,

Am 23.10.2011 21:20, schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> I am willing to sponsor your package. However, I would like to know
> first if you could update to move it into Debian Science.

I could; however I tried to register a project for it (as well as
projects for my other packages: wcslib, cpl, esorex, python-cpl), and I
got the reply that I am not allowed since I am not a Debian developer
and these packages are not in Debian yet.

> http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html
> and use one of the debian science VCS (svn or git)
> http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-science/

This is a bit confusing: the second URL you mention doesn't forward to a
repository (selection) but to the project homepage -- and the project
homepage links to the Debian Science homepage which is not really
helpful for beginners (at least, I am lost on this page).

The science policy shows the repository structure, with a couple of
subprojects and "(git?)" suffixes (what do they mean?):

debian-science/
+- homepage(.git?)
+- packages/
   +- bar.git

where it is unclear for me what should I start to down- or upload. I
first tried

git clone git+ssh://olebole-guest@git.debian.org/git/debian-science

but then I got

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/ole/debian-science/.git/
Permission denied (publickey).

even with the correct key uploaded.
So I feel quite lost in the moment -- is there a step-by-step
description on how I (as a newcomer) get the debian/ files of my project
into the alioth repository?

Another question: The science policy requires that I shall put
"debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org" as the Maintainer
and my own name as Uploader. But AFAIK the uploader will be replaced by
the Sponsor, so my own contribution authorship is not anymore visible in
the final Debian package?

Best regards

Ole