Re: Anybody to package new Bitten version?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:20 PM, W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting "anatoly techtonik" <techtonik@gmail.com>:
>>
>> It's 9 months since the patch to upgrade trac-bitten was committed to
>> Debian repository and it's not packaged yet. Can anybody release it?
>
> Problem is: I can't (currently) test new versions properly - no time.

What does this testing implies? If there is a reference document on
testing - somebody else may do this. This doc should exists even just
to tell which parts can possibly go wrong as well as history of
previous problems and mistakes. I'm running unreleased 0.6b3 for about
6 months now, and can't remember any problems.

I'd like to see 0.6b3 released first, and then 0.6, because if there
is problem with 0.6 - you can at least revert to a version that is not
so old.

> Second issue: I really want to have two packages: Master (trac-bitten)
> and slave (trac-bitten-slave), with the bitten slave not depending on
> trac. It's not too difficult, I believe, but without proper testing
> (see 1) it will fail. Maybe I can do something in the next days...

I traced the imports and so far haven't found any that require Bitten
slave to import Trac components.

Let's hope for your time to grant you an inspiration to complete this quest.
Thanks. =)
--
anatoly t.