Re: Did mistake in signaturing, and can't fix this by dcut.

Hello Tal,

On 07.10.2011 10:08, Tal Hadad wrote:
> The maintainer, whom the failure mail was send to, have suggest me to remove
> the package and try again. Still 0.1.29 is there so I can't.
> Then I've found out that I can use dcut. I've created a signed reset.commands file:
..
> FTP Master queue daemon sent me this:
>> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>> (Exit status 2)
>> /reset.commands has bad PGP/GnuPG signature!

I'm sorry if I can't help you appropriately but your question confused
me a bit. I try to paraphrase what you tried, please tell me where I'm
wrong:

You are neither a Debian Developer nor a Debian Maintainer, hence a
sponsor of you uploaded xnoise 0.1.29. For some reasons I don't quite
understood that turned out to be the wrong package which was not
supposed to be uploaded to Debian.

Hence, you now decided to dcut (cancel) that upload, but the ftp-master
refuses your signature because it didn't find your public key?

Given I was right with my summary, you can't dcut uploads made to
Debian. ftp-master only accepts signatures from Debian Developers (not
sure about Debian Maintainers who try to dcut their own package with
DMUA set). The key you uploaded to mentors.debian.net is not related
here, that key is only used _there_ to verify your uploads, it has no
relevance for the ftp-master.

If you:

a) uploaded xnoise to ftp-master yourself but you are not a Debian
Developer or Debian Maintainer with DMUA set (don't worry if you don't
understand, I can see the package is NEW - so it does not matter anyway)
just wait. Your upload will automatically be removed as you can't upload
directly to Debian anyway

b) You seem not to have uploaded a changes file, hence ftp-master
considers your upload incomplete. Just wait, it will remove both of your
uploads automatically anyway

c) had a sponsor which uploaded xnoise for you, only your sponsor can
use dcut, or at least he needs to sign your commands file.

- --
with kind regards,
Arno Töll
IRC: daemonkeeper on Freenode/OFTC