Re: RFS: spice

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Liang,
>
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 04:18:11PM +0800, Liang Guo wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "spice".
>
>> I override configure-generated-file-in-source lintian
>> warnings, for spice_0.8.2.orig-celt.tar.gz come with
>> config.log and config.status and debian/rules will
>> delete them.
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/spice/spice_0.8.2-1.dsc
>
> You shouldn't need to override these warnings if the clean target would just
> seriously delete them (not as make distclean but plain rm -f). Alternatively
> you could stuff them into debian/clean. That should get rid of the warning
> and thus the need to override.
The lintian warning configure-generated-file-in-source is caused by
upstream celt package, it comes with config.log and config.status, to
remove this lintian warning, I need repack spice_0.8.2.orig-celt.tar.gz
 which I think it is not nessary.

> What makes me wonder more though is that you put autotools-dev into the
> Build-Depends yet do not seem to make use of it.
Removed,

> Moreover you specify this package is only suitable to build on i386 and
> amd64. Most probably these are the only platforms that you've built and
> tested this on - but apart from this, is there any known limitation why it
> would not be buildable on any other arch? Shouldn't the source be arch:any
> rather?
Spice embedded some ASM code (very little, only 4 lines at all), so it can
only be compiled in x86 and x86_64 now. When multiplatform support added,
I'll update Architecture field soon.

> Regarding the embedded celt I'm probably as unhappy with the solution as the
> rest and I'm inclined to say it should be packaged separately to scale
> better. Yet I also see that'd be stepping quite a lot onto the celt
> maintainers (who don't want the celt051 in the first place).
>
> Your patches are not marked as forwarded upstream. I guess upstream would be
> interested in them though.
I'll forward these patches upstream soon, Thanks pointout that.

> So please try to find out about the arch:all issue, add the missing
> autotools-dev files replacement and report back to get the upload prepared.

I've uploaded new spice to mentors.d.n, the download URL is still valid.

I've pushed the changes to git repository too, its git repository is:

git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/spice.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/spice.git;a=summary

Thanks,
--
Liang Guo