Re: RFS: spice

Hi Liang,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 04:18:11PM +0800, Liang Guo wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "spice".

> I override configure-generated-file-in-source lintian
> warnings, for spice_0.8.2.orig-celt.tar.gz come with
> config.log and config.status and debian/rules will
> delete them.
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/spice/spice_0.8.2-1.dsc

You shouldn't need to override these warnings if the clean target would just
seriously delete them (not as make distclean but plain rm -f). Alternatively
you could stuff them into debian/clean. That should get rid of the warning
and thus the need to override.

What makes me wonder more though is that you put autotools-dev into the
Build-Depends yet do not seem to make use of it.

Moreover you specify this package is only suitable to build on i386 and
amd64. Most probably these are the only platforms that you've built and
tested this on - but apart from this, is there any known limitation why it
would not be buildable on any other arch? Shouldn't the source be arch:any
rather?

Regarding the embedded celt I'm probably as unhappy with the solution as the
rest and I'm inclined to say it should be packaged separately to scale
better. Yet I also see that'd be stepping quite a lot onto the celt
maintainers (who don't want the celt051 in the first place).

Your patches are not marked as forwarded upstream. I guess upstream would be
interested in them though.

So please try to find out about the arch:all issue, add the missing
autotools-dev files replacement and report back to get the upload prepared.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Kilian