Re: RFS: remotepad-server

Alexandre Rossi wrote:

> RemotePad is an open source application that controls the mouse cursor of
> your desktop PC. This way, you can use your iPhone or iPod touch as a
> wireless touchpad!

Hmm, so this is a way of remotely injecting input events?

I am not a DD, and even if I were, I cannot test this (not enough
gadgets :)).  Nevertheless, some nitpicks:

. debian/copyright mentions that APSL-licensed files were stripped
  out but does not explain how to do that automatically.  It would
  be nice for futureproofing (to help the next maintainer years down
  the line) to include a script to do that as a debian/rules
  get-orig-source target.

. debian/copyright says:

    <Copyright © 2008-2009 tenjin.org>

  Are the angle brackets needed?  Are they from upstream or something?

. The license explanation in debian/copyright could be more concrete.
  Something like:

	The following files are copyright Will Dietz and licensed
	under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or (at your
	option) any later version:

		Common/inputevent.h
[...]

	On Debian systems, the GNU General Public License, version 3
	can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3.

	All remaining files are copyright tenjin.org and licensed
	under the following two-clause, BSD-style license:
[...]

  In particular, some files appear to be GPL-3+, no?

  I realize that most of debian/copyright is taken from upstream.  So
  perhaps some of these suggestions would need to be passed on first.

Based on the package description, it seems this package requires a
client that uses iOS to be useful.  Is that true?  Could it be
generalized?  Given that users will need to find a copy of the client
anyway, why should the server be distributed as part of Debian?
(These are not rhetorical questions; the answer would probably help in
evaluating the package.)

Hope that helps.
Jonathan