Re: Request for voluntary package reviews

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 09:23:53PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> [...] (review by chrysn and comments)
>

> > > i couldn't test the functionality itself for lack of midi hardware, but
> > > at least that's reflected by appropriate warnings by midish.
> >
> > I was mostly concerned by any packaging mistakes, but testing the code
> > itself never hurts :-)
> >

> The package includes regression tests - would it make sense to run these at
> build time, or would that only make sense if a MIDI device was present? I tried
> to run them and all of them passed, but I don't really know if this is just
> trivially true as I don't have MIDI hardware. If it makes sense to run them even
> without MIDI hardware, please include a make check run in future releases of
> your package.

Indeed these tests require no midi hardware. They are mostly useful to
developpers but running them can't hurt ;) I'll include them in the
next version of the package.

> > Thanks for your comments, the new package is on the usual place:
> >
> > 	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/midish
> >

> Thanks to the review by chrysn it was pretty easy to do another final review; I
> have now built and uploaded your package. For future versions, please take the
> following into consideration:
>
> - As said above, a regression test would of course be nice to have.
> - In line with [1] you might consider acknowleding reviews such as chrysn's as
>   those help in speeding up the sponsoring process.
> - You require a compat level of 7, so you could also make use of the much
>   simplified rules file made possible by debhelper 7. See [2] for further
>   information.

Thanks for the review and for uploading the package. I just got a
notification that the package fails to build on kfreebsd, I guess the
kfreebsd has clock_gettime() in librt. Fixing these issues...

-- Alexandre