Re: Request for voluntary package reviews

Hi Alexandre,

[...] (review by chrysn and comments)

> > i couldn't test the functionality itself for lack of midi hardware, but
> > at least that's reflected by appropriate warnings by midish.
>
> I was mostly concerned by any packaging mistakes, but testing the code
> itself never hurts :-)

The package includes regression tests - would it make sense to run these at
build time, or would that only make sense if a MIDI device was present? I tried
to run them and all of them passed, but I don't really know if this is just
trivially true as I don't have MIDI hardware. If it makes sense to run them even
without MIDI hardware, please include a make check run in future releases of
your package.

> Thanks for your comments, the new package is on the usual place:
>
> 	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/midish

Thanks to the review by chrysn it was pretty easy to do another final review; I
have now built and uploaded your package. For future versions, please take the
following into consideration:

- As said above, a regression test would of course be nice to have.
- In line with [1] you might consider acknowleding reviews such as chrysn's as
  those help in speeding up the sponsoring process.
- You require a compat level of 7, so you could also make use of the much
  simplified rules file made possible by debhelper 7. See [2] for further
  information.

As yourself you benefitted from non-DD reviews, you might want to do so yourself
as well. I have just asked two others at [3] to do so. Please let me address
this to you as well.

Thank you very much for your contribution,
Michael

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/11/msg00084.html
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ch-dreq.en.html#s-rules
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/11/msg00148.html