Re: RFS: cppcheck, new upstream version 1.45

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Joachim Reichel <joachim.reichel@gmx.de> wrote:

>>> I guess what Christoph meant is the following: if you upload 1.45 to
>>> unstable
>>> you block this way for fixes to 1.44 in testing (and the RM will most
>>> probably
>>> not allow 1.45 to migrate to testing).
>>
>> Can this be asked from the RM?
>
> You want to ask the RM whether they would accept 1.45 into testing? You can
> contact the release team at debian-release@lists.debian.org.
>
> As far as I know their last statement is
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/10/msg00002.html
> which basically says "RC bug fixes only" (the other categories don't seem to
> apply here). And I don't see any RC bugs filed against cppcheck.

If there were RC bugs that were fixed in the new version they would
quite possibly ask you to put together a patch that contained the bug
fixes without the new features that aren't currently in Testing.
We're in "deep freeze", after all.  The goal is to get what we have
ready for release.