Bug in frozen package - aim at backports/volatile?

Hey list

I have a small question: I'm aware that Debian is currently frozen,
thus no new features can be added to squeeze. However, I maintain a
package [1] (I'm also the upstream maintainer) which has an annoying
but non-critical bug. The package is a parser for TV show episode
information and one of the sources recently changed some minor detail
in their data which messes up my tool's output.

Anyway.

I just released a new upstream version [2] which fixes that bug (and
that bug only) and don't really like the idea of shipping a buggy
version of my package with squeeze, thus I'm wondering whether it's
possible to have a fixed version included in squeeze (probably not) or
if I should aim at squeeze-backports or volatile (since the package
depends on volatile external data).

I realize that according to the policy the package cannot enter
squeeze. I'm just wondering whether it's a reasonable approach (from a
user's point of view) to have an updated version in volatile (or
backports) at the time squeeze is released.

(Also, note that according to popcon there are very people currently
using the package, thus the issue is probably not that relevant in
this case, but I guess there might be other packages with similar
issues.)

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/episoder.html
[2] http://code.google.com/p/episoder/wiki/ChangeLog

cheers