Re: RFS: matrixssl

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:40 PM,  <zeus@gnu.org> wrote:

> By what you said I presume that I should put experimental in the
> changelog? but I'm sure that it must go in unstable, why it will not go
> there?

Please read the freeze announcement:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/08/msg00000.html

Switching to a new ABI is a major change that should not happen in
unstable during the freeze. experimental is available for work that is
targetted at the squeeze+1 release (wheezy).

> I'm not sure if I understood properly but does this means that I have to
> create a .tar.gz file with the debian directory inside? or just use some
> debian tools to put the debian directory inside? can you point me with
> the official documentation about this? Can you point me with a document
> with more details about this?

He means that you should use the same tarball as the one upstream
released. I would guess that the one you uploaded has a different
md5sum to the one that upstream released.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise