Re: RFS: matrixssl

Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> please keep the discussion on the list.

Sorry forgot to check.

>> > Quick look at the package:

>> This it's the funny part, I had some troubles trying to understand
>> what's the NMU didn't find a place to understand and then fix this issue.
>
> See <http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu>.

Understood, removed the NMU, thanks for the link didn't found it before.

>> What do you mean with "unstable in freeze"? If you think that it should
>> be in other place just tell me and we will put it in other place.
>
> Generally uploading new library version to unstable while freeze is not
> a good idea. See freeze announcement for more details -
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/08/msg00000.html>.

By what you said I presume that I should put experimental in the
changelog? but I'm sure that it must go in unstable, why it will not go
there?

>> > 3. You dropped dietlibc support without single mention in changelog/NEWS
>>
>> Didn't know if you should mention that or where mention it, maybe I
>> should not drop the support, whats your thoughts about it?
>
> I have no idea whether it was used or not, but it seems like some major
> feature removal, so it would deserve at least note in changelog or
> NEWS, see
> <http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-news-debian>.

Done. Maybe I'll added the diet support later if someone ask or if I
found it useful for the monkey project.

>> > 4. Manually creating postinst/postrm is really not needed, just use
>> > debhelper.
>>
>> Ok, I'll take a more deep look on all the tools of debhelper maybe I
>> missed something.

Done!. It was a lot more easy, thanks it was a lot better =)

>> > 5. Why is there another tarball and debian directory in .orig.tar.gz?
>> > Please check how the source package should look like.
>>
>> I was running a command to generate de .origin.tar.gz maybe I forgot
>> some option to run, I'll check more about that
>
> You don't need to generate orig.tar.gz, that should be just renamed
> upstream tarball.

I'm not sure if I understood properly but does this means that I have to
create a .tar.gz file with the debian directory inside? or just use some
debian tools to put the debian directory inside? can you point me with
the official documentation about this? Can you point me with a document
with more details about this?

>> > 6. Ever heard about lintian?
>> > I: matrixssl source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "section" in package libmatrixssl3.1
>> > I: matrixssl source: duplicate-long-description libmatrixssl3.1-dev libmatrixssl3.1 libmatrixssl3.1-doc
>> > I: matrixssl source: missing-debian-source-format
>> > W: matrixssl source: changelog-should-not-mention-nmu
>> > I: matrixssl source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
>>
>> Of course, but I didn't saw those problems, can you send me the options
>> I should use ?
>
> The I: warnings are generated by passing -I option to lintian. They are
> usually good things to fix, but not necessarily a bugs.

I used the opcion -L ">wishlist" I want to fix the wishlist bugs later
cause I need to read more and don't want to stop the process while you
review or help me with this package I can do other fix like the ones on
wishlist =)

The dget line for package with the fixes.

dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/matrixssl/matrixssl_3.1.2-2.dsc

Are you at IRC sometime in the day to chat about this and ask you a few
things more faster? or you prefer the ml?

Well, thanks for all  your help it's so nice that someone help you with
this things =)

Regards,