Re: Four days

Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> writes:

> Since we agree on that general point, can you be the watchdog -- that
> is, if we try removing pain points that are necessary or useful, can
> you specifically identify them and remind us why they're worth
> keeping?

Thanks for the offer, but no. I think responsibility for that rests with
each of us: to reject the view that something uncomfortable is
necessarily bad, and to instead look for whether it is serving a useful
purpose.

> I think that the point of your response is to make a general point and
> not to specifically urge any change in action, but I'm not quite sure.
> I just want to make sure I'm using your messages as you intend them.

Yes, I want only to ensure that the naive interpretation of “this is
uncomfortable for newcomers” is examined more thoroughly before action
is taken.

--
 \     “Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to |
  `\                              create Him.” —Arthur C. Clarke, 1972 |