Re: Doubt about bugs in medit

On 11/09/10 17:10, Marcelo Mendes wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I've submitted a ITA to the package medit, and started looking at its
> outstanding bugs. I found this #502487[1] and this #465429[2]. My
> question is, the first[1] one is already fixed on the current package,

Then close it (502487) with the appropriate version pseudo-header.

> and the second one seems a bit more confuse and I'll try to explain:
>
> The reporter said that a lib (libmoo.so) should be present to make
> pida work with the mooedit, backend editor of medit and that pida can
> also use. But the released version of pida on the repositories doesn't
> support such feature yet, when he submitted the bug the version with
> moo support was in the svn.

Build libmoo and install it, then mark the bug as done. Just because
currently there is no package in the archive using it, it doesn't mean
it can't be built.

> In summary, there is a bug already fixed and a bug that may be not a
> bug at all, how to proceed with the adoption?

Fix (or mark as fixed, as appropriate) the bugs in your current
packaging. Then upload the package.

--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler