Re: RFS: gpick

Il giorno gio, 05/08/2010 alle 16.34 -0500, Elías Alejandro ha scritto:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gpick".
>
> * Package name    : gpick
>  Version         : 0.2.2-1
>  Upstream Author : Albertas Vyšniauskas <thezbyg@gmail.com>
> * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/gpick/
> * License         : BSD
>  Section         : graphics
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> gpick      - advanced color picker written in C++ using GTK+ toolkit

> The upload would fix these bugs: 579617
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: provide a simple tool
> to get colors, util for design works.

Hello,

I can't say I have made a deep review - just compiled, tried the app and
looked at some files. But I must say the app itself is very practical
for any web (and not only web) designer.

I would anyway not be able be sponsor since I'm not a DD, but I
encourage DDs to not be fooled by the word "simple" in the motivation
above, neither by the intrinsec simplicity that the "color picker"
expression may suggest. This is in my opinion a well written and useful
tool, worth a place in Debian.

My 2 cents.

@Elías: maybe the language and graphic libraries adopted don't deserve a
place in the description.
Instead, if I was in you I would ensure that the expression "color
theme" appears in it, since that's a fundamental feature of the
software.
Moreover, there is a redundant space in the second line.
Finally, I think the following applies to the package:

http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0#Doesa3.0.28quilt.29sourcepackageneedtobuild-dependonquilt.3F

bye

Pietro