Re: How to handle source code dependencies?

It is not my project, but another one I'd like to package.
GLScene is a collection of Pascal components to make OpenGL usable in those
applications *very* easily.
It contains a lot of classes and helper scripts the program needs to
compile. Those scripts are integrated in the resulting binary. GLScene does
not have an own binary. The binary of the applications will depend on
OpenGL.
It's the same if someone writes e.g. a set of classes to make access to
PulseAudio in a C application easier. The binary will depend on PulseAudio,
but not on the set of components you used.
My problem is: GLScene is an IDE plugin, which integrates with the FPC IDE
Lazarus. So - of course - the developer does not ship GLScene in his source
code.
If I want to package this project I have to get GLScene from somewhere to
make the compile process work. Possible solutions would be to include the
GLScene code directly into the project's source dir. If I do this, the
package would get a huge diff file, cause the whole GLScene code was added.
Another solution I could imagine is to package the GLScene code in a
separate package, let it install into /usr/share/pascal or directly into
the IDE and compile the application with this GLScene version. (This would
also be good for other projects which use GLScene in Debian)
So, what is the right way to do this?

  Matthias